ASSESSMENT OF SEXUAL HEALTH COURSE
The aim of this course is to help nurses develop their knowledge and skills in order to systematically evaluate the information and counseling needs of the individuals/patients they care for and to contribute to the development of knowledge and skills and the holistic and quality care of individuals/patients in order to take appropriate action.
Participants who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- List the universal sexual values and rights that form the basis of patient sexuality.
- Explain the factors that affect sexual health.
- Initiate communication with an assigned patient regarding the patient’s sexual health
- Increase emotional comfort when talking with patients about sexual issues.
- Take a sexual health history based on basic principles.
- Explain the models that form the basis of patient sexuality.
- Perform a sexual health assessment and training that cover the first three steps of the PLISSIT Model.
- Develop individual professional goals for the future in order to continuously improve sexual assessment skills.
Duration of the Course
The total number of hours for this course is 21 hours over a period of 3 days. Participants who complete the program successfully receive 21 ANCC credits.
Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
This course is taught by instructors who have conducted clinical and academic studies related to sexual health as well as other experts in this field.
Lecture – Slide presentations and videos
Active discussion: Questions and answers
Course materials are prepared based on evidence-based practices from national and international sources in the related field and updated every year. The materials are given to participants at the beginning of the course.
There are written examinations at the beginning and end of the course.
- Score at least 80 out of 100 points from the exam at the end of the course.
- Participation in all lessons is mandatory—only 10% absenteeism is acceptable.
Certification and Validity Period
The “Certificate of Achievement for Pediatric Palliative Care Nursing” is given to all participants who complete the program successfully. The certificate is valid for five years. The course duration and course subjects are specified in detail on the certificate. The “Certificate of Attendance” is given to the participants who cannot complete the course in accordance with the course success criteria. The “Certificate of Attendance” specifies the duration of the course and all course subjects.
Who Can Participate?
Nurses who provide active health and education services in hospitals and schools (such as a school, family health center, sheltered housing, hospital) can participate in this program.
The program is conducted at the Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center at the Koç University Health Sciences Campus. Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Address: Koç University Faculty of Nursing
Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center (SANERC)
Koç University Health Sciences Campus
Davutpaşa Caddesi, No: 4
34010 Topkapı, İstanbul
Tel: +90 212 311 26 40 – 26 01- 26 03
Fax: +90 212 311 26 30
* This program is conducted in accordance with the ANCC Accreditation Standards.
Conflicts of Interest: No SANERC faculty members have any financial relationships or conflicts of interest in relation to this program.
Commercial Support: No commercial support is provided for this program.
Non-endorsement of Products: SANERC does not gain any advantage from any product sponsorship except for only officially approved products.