Palliative Care Nursing Course
This course aims to raise nurses’ awareness of palliative care and to increase their knowledge and skills based on evidence-based practices in order to provide the best palliative care to patients.
Participants who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of palliative care nurses based on the philosophy and principles of palliative care.
- Discuss the roles and responsibilities of palliative care team members.
- Recognize the appropriate and effective communication techniques with patients and families in palliative care.
- Manage symptoms such as pain, dyspnea, fatigue, vomiting, delirium, etc., on patients in palliative care.
- Emphasize the importance of spiritual care for patient and families in palliative care.
Support patients and families in ethical and legal issues regarding palliative care.
- Develop a nursing care plan for patients and families in palliative care.
Duration of the Course
The total number of hours for this course is 21 hours over a period of 3 days. Participants who complete the program successfully receive 21 ANCC credits.
Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Koç University School of Nursing faculty members and other educators who have experience in this field.
Active discussion: Questions and answers
Course materials are prepared and updated based on evidence-based practices from national and international sources in the related field. The materials are given to participants at the beginning of the course.
There are written examinations at the beginning and end of the course.
- Get at least 80 points in the final exam.
- Complete case studies successfully.
- Attend all theoretical and skill practice sections of the course (Participation in all lessons is mandatory—only 10% absenteeism is acceptable.).
Certification and Validity Period
The “Certificate of Achievement for Palliative Care Nursing Course” is given to all participants who complete the program successfully. The certificate is valid for five years.
The course duration and course subjects are specified in detail on the certificate. The certificate is signed by the President of Koç University, the Director of SANERC, and the Nurse Planner.
Who Can Participate?
This course is opened upon request.
The nurses who work in palliative care and oncology clinics in a private or government healthcare institution or nurses who are in charge of palliative care patients can participate in this course.
Please contact SANERC administration for the program fee.
The program is conducted at the Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center at the Koç University Health Sciences Campus. Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Address: Koç University Faculty of Nursing
Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center (SANERC)
Koç University Health Sciences Campus
Davutpaşa Caddesi, No: 4
34010 Topkapı, İstanbul
Tel: +90 212 311 26 40 – 26 01- 26 03
Fax: +90 212 311 26 30
* This program is conducted in accordance with the ANCC Accreditation Standards.
Conflicts of Interest: No SANERC faculty members have any financial relationships or conflicts of interest in relation to this program.
Commercial Support: No commercial support is provided for this program.
Non-endorsement of Products: SANERC does not gain any advantage from any product sponsorship except for only officially approved products.