Planning of Human Resources in Nursing Course
This course aims to improve nurse managers’ knowledge and skills regarding the methods of planning nurse staffing in order to deliver high-quality and safe nursing care.
Participants who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- Emphasize the importance of monitoring the nurse and patient outcomes in healthcare organizations.
- Discuss the importance of the effective planning of a nursing workforce to ensure positive nurse and patient outcomes.
- List the factors regarding the planning of nurse staffing.
- Define the techniques to measure a nursing workload.
- Calculate the nursing workload using the workforce planning methods.
- Calculate the necessary number of nurses based on the nursing workload.
- Design effective and efficient nursing schedules to ensure positive nurse and patient outcomes.
Duration of the Course
The total number of hours for this course is 14 hours over a period of 2 days. It consists of theory and case studies. Participants who complete the program successfully receive 14 ANCC credits.
Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Koç University School of Nursing faculty members
Active discussion: Questions and answers
Course materials are prepared and updated based on evidence-based practices from national and international sources in the related field. The materials are given to participants at the beginning of the course.
There are written examinations at the beginning and end of the course.
- Complete all written examinations with a minimum average of 80%
- Attend all theoretical and skill practice sections of the course (Participation in all lessons is mandatory—only 10% absenteeism is acceptable.).
Certification and Validity Period
The “Certificate of Achievement for Planning of Human Resources in Nursing Course” is given to all participants who complete the program successfully. The certificate is valid for five years.
The course duration and course subjects are specified in detail on the certificate. The certificate is signed by the President of Koç University, the Director of SANERC, and the Nurse Planner.
Who Can Participate?
The executive nurses who work or will work in a private or government healthcare institution and student nurses who are doing master’s and doctoral studies in management field can participate in this course.
The course is limited to 20 participants. Please contact SANERC administration for the program fee.
The program is conducted at the Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center at the Koç University Health Sciences Campus. Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Address: Koç University Faculty of Nursing
Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center (SANERC)
Koç University Health Sciences Campus
Davutpaşa Caddesi, No: 4
34010 Topkapı, İstanbul
Tel: +90 212 311 26 40 – 26 01- 26 03
Fax: +90 212 311 26 30
* This program is conducted in accordance with the ANCC Accreditation Standards.
Conflicts of Interest: No SANERC faculty members have any financial relationships or conflicts of interest in relation to this program.
Commercial Support: No commercial support is provided for this program.
Non-endorsement of Products: SANERC does not gain any advantage from any product sponsorship except for only officially approved products.