Simulation Training Course
The aims of this course are to improve the knowledge and skills of instructors, nurses and other health professionals in order to use simulation effectively as an educational strategy and to contribute to successful simulation practices.
Participants who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- Discuss the concepts related to simulation.
- Realize the roles and responsibilities of the trainer in simulation.
- Describe the technical infrastructure and equipment characteristics of the simulation laboratory environment.
- Design the simulation-based learning experience using the appropriate simulation method.
- Prepare the learning environment with the best resources at hand for simulation practice
- Manage the simulation-based learning experience.
- Manage the debriefing session using the appropriate methods.
- Discuss the evaluation methods of the simulation-based learning experience.
- Prepare an example of a clinical scenario at the beginner level
Duration of the Course
The total number of hours for this course is 21 hours over a period of 3 days. Participants who complete the program successfully receive 21 ANCC credits.
Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
This course is taught by instructors specialized in simulation education and other experts in this field.
Lecture – Slide presentations and videos
Active discussion: Questions and answers
Course materials are prepared based on evidence-based practices from national and international sources in the related field and updated every year. The materials are given to participants before and at the beginning of the course.
There are written examinations at the beginning and end of the course.
- Score at least 80 out of 100 points from the exam at the end of the course.
- Participation in all lessons is mandatory—only 10% absenteeism is acceptable.
Certification and Validity Period
The “Certificate of Achievement for Pediatric Palliative Care Nursing” is given to all participants who complete the program successfully. The certificate is valid for five years. The course duration and course subjects are specified in detail on the certificate. The “Certificate of Attendance” is given to the participants who cannot complete the course in accordance with the course success criteria. The “Certificate of Attendance” specifies the duration of the course and all course subjects.
Who Can Participate?
Nursing faculty members and faculty members working in other health schools who are conducting or will conduct simulation training, nurses and other health professionals can participate in this course.
The course is limited to 30 participants. Please contact SANERC administration for the program fee.
The program is conducted at the Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center at the Koç University Health Sciences Campus. Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Address: Koç University Faculty of Nursing
Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center (SANERC)
Koç University Health Sciences Campus
Davutpaşa Caddesi, No: 4
34010 Topkapı, İstanbul
Tel: +90 212 311 26 40 – 26 01- 26 03
Fax: +90 212 311 26 30
* This program is conducted in accordance with the ANCC Accreditation Standards.
Conflicts of Interest: No SANERC faculty members have any financial relationships or conflicts of interest in relation to this program.
Commercial Support: No commercial support is provided for this program.
Non-endorsement of Products: SANERC does not gain any advantage from any product sponsorship except for only officially approved products.