Educator Nurse Training Program
This course aims to improve the teaching knowledge, attitudes, and skills of nurses with undergraduate degrees in order to effectively plan, implement, and evaluate the education programs in participants’ healthcare institutions.
Participants who complete this course successfully will be able to:
- Describe the concepts and processes of adult education.
- Analyze the educational needs of nurses or another target group.
- Design an appropriate education program for the target group’s needs.
- Choose appropriate learning strategies and techniques to achieve the objectives of the education program.
- Prepare course content based on best practices.
- Deliver course lectures and presentations effectively using teaching and learning methods based on best practices.
- Evaluate the course lectures and presentations of colleagues in an appropriate manner.
- Emphasize the use of evaluation and feedback for effective teaching and learning.
- Create an “Education Action Plan.”
Duration of the Course
The total number of hours for this course is 64 hours over a period of 8 days. It consists of presentation and practices. Participants who complete the program successfully receive 64 ANCC credits.
Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Koç University School of Nursing faculty members, Koç University Office of Learning and Teaching educators and Koç University Suna Kıraç Library experts who have experience in this field.
Active discussion: Questions and answers
Scenarios and role play
Course materials are prepared and updated based on evidence-based practices from national and international sources in the related field. The materials are given to participants 30 days before the course.
There are written examinations at the beginning and end of the course.
- Score at least “80” on the average of the scores obtained from individual presentation and final test, preparation and presentation of the action plan.
- Be successful at skill practice.
- Attend all theoretical and practical sections of the course (Participation in all lessons is mandatory—only 10% absenteeism is acceptable).
Certification and Validity Period
The “Certificate of Achievement for Educator Nurse Training Course” is given to all participants who complete the program successfully. The certificate is valid for five years.
The course duration and course subjects are specified in detail on the certificate. The certificate is signed by the President of Koç University, the Director of SANERC, and the Nurse Planner.
Who Can Participate?
The nurses who have a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree from the Nursing Department of schools such as School of Nursing, School of Health, School of Health Sciences and work in a private or government healthcare institution and taking part in theoretical / clinical education can participate in this course.
The course is limited to 25 participants. Please contact SANERC administration for the program fee.
The program is conducted at the Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center at the Koç University Health Sciences Campus. Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Address: Koç University Faculty of Nursing
Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center (SANERC)
Koç University Health Sciences Campus
Davutpaşa Caddesi, No: 4
34010 Topkapı, İstanbul
Tel: +90 212 311 26 40 – 26 01- 26 03
Fax: +90 212 311 26 30
* This program is conducted in accordance with the ANCC Accreditation Standards.
Conflicts of Interest: No SANERC faculty members have any financial relationships or conflicts of interest in relation to this program.
Commercial Support: No commercial support is provided for this program.
Non-endorsement of Products: SANERC does not gain any advantage from any product sponsorship except for only officially approved products.