Wound Care Course
This course aims to improve the assessment and management skills of healthcare professionals in order to care for patients with chronic wounds safely and effectively based on current evidence-based practices.
By completing this course successfully, participants will be able to:
- Realize the roles of healthcare professionals in wound care management.
- Analyze a patient’s risk and other contributing factors regarding chronic wounds.
- Describe wound healing stages.
- Classify types of chronic wounds and pressure ulcers.
- Define pressure ulcers and ulcer management in the lower extremities.
- Select appropriate wound dressings and wound care products.
- Utilize evidence-based research to improve practices and patient safety.
Duration of the Course
The total number of hours for this course is 24 hours over a period of 3 days. It consists of 16 hours theory and 8 hours case studies /practice. Participants who complete the program successfully receive 24 ANCC credits.
Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Koç University School of Nursing faculty members, other healthcare professions and nurses with stoma and wound care certificate.
Slide presentations and videos
Active discussion: Questions and answers
Course materials are prepared and updated based on evidence-based practices from national and international sources in the related field. The materials are given to participants at the beginning of the course.
There are written examinations at the beginning and end of the course.
- Score at least 80 out of 100 points from the exam at the end of the course.
- Be successful at skill practice.
- Participation in all lessons is mandatory—only 10% absenteeism is acceptable.
Certification and Validity Period
The “Certificate of Achievement for Wound Care Course” is given to all participants who complete the program successfully. The certificate is valid for five years.
The course duration and course subjects are specified in detail on the certificate. The certificate is signed by the President of Koç University, the Director of SANERC, and the Nurse Planner.
Who Can Participate?
All healthcare professionals who work in patient treatment facilities, home care units, rehabilitation centers and Family Healthcare Centers and providing care for individuals with chronic wounds can participate in this course.
The course is limited to 30 participants. Please contact SANERC administration for the program fee.
The program is conducted at the Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center at the Koç University Health Sciences Campus. Please contact SANERC administration with questions.
Address: Koç University Faculty of Nursing
Semahat Arsel Nursing Education and Research Center (SANERC)
Koç University Health Sciences Campus
Davutpaşa Caddesi, No: 4
34010 Topkapı, İstanbul
Tel: +90 212 311 26 40 – 26 01- 26 03
Fax: +90 212 311 26 30
* This program is conducted in accordance with the ANCC Accreditation Standards.
Conflicts of Interest: No SANERC faculty members have any financial relationships or conflicts of interest in relation to this program.
Commercial Support: No commercial support is provided for this program.
Non-endorsement of Products: SANERC does not gain any advantage from any product sponsorship except for only officially approved products.